Are you interested in becoming a candidate for the 2020 Municipal Elections?
TO BE QUALIFIED AS A CANDIDATE YOU MUST:
- be a Canadian citizen of the full age of 18 years at the time of nomination
- be ordinarily resident in the municipality or in an area annexed to the municipality for a period of 6 months preceding nomination day, and continue to so reside
- obtain a certificate from the clerk stating that as of nomination day, the candidate has paid in full all charges that are liens on the candidate's property
- not be disqualified under the Municipal Elections Act
Potential Candidate Packages are available at the Municipal Office or online at https://www.saint-marys.ca/. You can also visit https://yourdecision.ca/or https://www.nsfm.ca/election-2020-info.htmlfor more information on becoming a candidate.
Preliminary List of Electors
The Preliminary List of Electors has been completed and revisions/additions can now be done by contacting the Municipal Returning Officer.
TO BE QUALIFIED TO VOTE YOU MUST:
• be 18 years or older and a Canadian citizen on the first advance polling day (October 10, 2020)
• have been ordinarily resident in the Province for a period of 6 (six) months immediately preceding the first advance polling day; and
• ordinarily resident in the municipality or in an area annexed to the municipality and to have been so since immediately before the first advance polling day.
Please contact Marissa Jordan, Municipal Returning Officer, at 902-522-2496 to be added to the list.
Council & Committee Meetings
As per the revised order from Minister Porter on July 29, St. Mary's Municipal Council will once again be holding meetings in person with the option for members of the public to attend. Council, staff and any members of the public will be asked to wear a mask and implement proper social distancing upon entering/exiting the building and during the meetings. The Municipality will be taking pre-registration for members of the public that would like to attend a meeting of Council. Please call the Municipal Office at 522-2049 as it is important to pre-register to ensure capacity.
Our next Committee of the Whole meeting is August 5th at 7:00pm. To view the agenda, please visit:https://www.saint-marys.ca/council-agendas-and-minutes.html
Participants will be required to pre-register to all of our programs and events to ensure we are still under the total restriction number allowed. All participants must social distance at 6 feet apart , sanitize hands, and wear a mask in all common areas, but there is no need for masks in areas of exercise or outdoor events. For example: wear a mask while entering or leaving any indoor facility, signing in, waiting for any reason (parents or participants), or going to the washroom. Masks will be made available to participants who do not bring their own. Masks are not required at day camps where physical distancing can be maintained between participants but must be worn when social distancing cannot be maintained. Example children doing arts and crafts inside sitting next to each other.
Please stay home if you or your family are showing any symptoms of Covid-19.