On May 27th, 2020 the Province announced the following new updates in regards to COVID-19:
Starting June 5, the following can open if they can follow plans that their sectors develop and Public Health approves:
• Restaurants for dine in as well as takeout and delivery
• Bars, wineries, distilleries, and taprooms – but not lounges at this time. This will be reassessed in the weeks to come.
• Personal services such as such as hair salons, barber shops, spas, nail salons, and body art establishments
• Fitness facilities
• Dentistry and other self-regulated health professions such as optometry, chiropractic, and physiotherapy
• Unregulated health professions such as massage therapy, podiatry, and naturopathy
Public Health continues to work with the childcare sector on a plan to reopen safely. June 15 is now the goal but the reopening date will be confirmed and shared with Nova Scotians once the plan is fully approved. The primary focus is the safety of children.
For more information please see pdf Reopening FAQ May 27, 2020 (137 KB)