Please note if you need your municipal address changed, we do require written consent.
The application ( pdf Mailing Address Change Request (34 KB) ) can be filled out and sent back to us by the following options:
- In person at the municipal office
- Fax to: 1-902-522-2309
- Mail to: 8296 HWY #7
PO Box 296
Please take note that the COTW Meeting Dates for June have changed to the following:
- June 5th, 2019......... moved to June 12th, 2019 at 1pm.
- June 19th, 2019........moved to June 26th, 2019 at 1pm.
This program, administered by Service Nova Scotia on behalf of the Department of Community Services, is designed to help eligible seniors remain in their homes by providing them with an annual rebate on their municipal property taxes.
The program provides eligible homeowners with a 50% rebate of the actual residential municipal property taxes paid the previous year, up to a maximum of $800.00 per year. The rebate is always based on the property taxes paid in the previous year.
You are eligible to receive the rebate if you meet ALL of the following criteria:
- You were receiving either the Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) or The Allowance in January 2018. To find out if you qualify for the GIS or The Allowance, call Service Canada at 1-800-277-9914.
- Your previous year's property taxes were paid in full
Applications will be available as of July 1, 2019.
Because of the large interest in Thursday’s Tailings Management Session on Thursday May 23, Atlantic Gold has asked the expert panelists to stay in Sherbrooke later then they had originally planned to provide a second session.
- Session 1: 3 - 4:30 p.m. (Doors open at 2:45 pm)
- Session 2: 5 - 6:30 p.m. (Doors open at 4:45 pm)
For those who are unable to attend either session in person, Atlantic Gold will be filming the sessions for posting on Atlantic Gold’s YouTube channel in the days following the meeting.