St. Mary's Recplex
164 Old Road Hill, Sherbrooke, NS B0J 3C0 Phone: (902)522-2646
The St. Mary's Recplex is a modern, multi-use recreation facility. It houses an ice rink in the winter months, a concreate surface floor in the summer and a year round walking track. Ice rentals are available from November through March for skating, hockey or curling. The Recplex is also available for event rentals in the summer.
Take a look at the pdf Recplex Enhancement Project (66 KB) to learn about the latest improvements at the facility.
You can also look at our programming for the Recplex for 2019/2020: pdf Recplex Brochure 2019 2020 (401 KB)
Ice Rental Prices
- Ice rentals require a minimum of 24 hours notice
- Private Rentals - $155/hr ($134.78 plus $20.22 HST)
- Minor Hockey, Schools, Birthday Parties- $125/hr. ($108.70 plus $16.30 HST)
- Prices include use of the Hospitality Room.
Advertising is available to local businesses in the form of a 4ft X 8ft perforated plastic wall board. Signs are displayed on the walls surrounding the ice surface. The cost is $200 + HST per year.
St. Mary's Municipal Transfer Station
150 Cape Geoggan Rd, Goldenville, NS B Phone: 902-522-2659
Hours of Operation: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday 9:00am to 4:30pm
Items accepted at the transfer Station include:
- pdfConstruction and Demolition Materials (69 KB)
- Household Hazardous Waste
- pdfCompost (296 KB)
- Clear Bag Garbage- $2/bag
St. Mary's Fitness Centre
The facility is open Monday to Friday from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m.
|10 Month Family||$350|
|10 Month Adult||$200|
|10 Month Student/Senior||$150|
|6 Month Family||$200|
|6 Month Adult||$120|
|6 Month Student/Senior||$100|
|1 Month Adult||$25|
|1 Month Student/Senior||$20|
|Daily Adult Drop-In||$5|
|Daily Student/Senior Drop-In||$3|
- Student: Anyone attending any high school/college/university
- Senior: Anyone over the age of 60
- Family: Only direct family members can be counted (mother, father and children up to the age 22)
The Sherbrooke Library is a branch of the Eastern Counties Regional Library System. The Library is also the site for the District of St. Mary's & Area Community Access Project (CAP), housing five public access computers with high-speed internet, and wireless access. Photocopying and fax services are also available. Check out the selection of fiction, non-fiction, genealogy, local history, reference materials, DVDs, videos, audio books, large print titles, magazines, jigsaw puzzles, for all ages. If you are taking a university course on-line, they also qualify to supervise the writing of your exams.
Beginning August 19th, the Sherbrooke Branch Library will begin offering appointments to Library members who wish to visit the library. Sherbrooke Library is the first ECRL location to open with controlled access for the public.
During a library appointment, members will be asked to wear a mask, maintain proper physical distancing, and sanitize their hands before using the computer or browsing the collection. To ensure safe physical distancing, the number of visitors at Sherbrooke will be limited to a maximum of 3 people at a time and appointments will be 30 min increments.
Members of the public can call the Sherbrooke Library at (902) 522-2180 to book an appointment or see pdf ECRL Media Release (90 KB) for the more information.
Municipal Office Community Room
Contact: (902) 318-7467
The SHOPS room is located in the community wing of St. Mary’s Education Centre/Academy and can hold up to 65 people.
- Weekly evening rentals are available from 3 -10pm
- Weekends are available with two weeks notice
- Whiteboard and projector available
- Kitchen has two stoves, two microwaves, fridge, coffee/Tea machines
- Fee is $10 per hour with extra $10 for kitchen use.