Hurricane Fiona Update
Hurricane Fiona set to make landfall as a powerful and dangerous post-tropical storm in eastern Nova Scotia early Saturday. Some storm impacts will develop well in advance of landfall. Severe wind, rain and storm surge impacts expected especially across eastern and central Nova Scotia. It is expected that residents may be without power or water and should be prepared to be self-sufficient for at least 72 hours.
1. Gather your emergency essentials. Make sure you have a flashlight, batteries, ready-to-eat food and lots of fresh water and an emergency kit.
2. Charge your phone so you can stay connected.
3. Report any power outages online at http://outagemap.nspower.ca and watch the outage map for the most up to date information and estimated restoration times.
4. For more information on emergency preparedness please visit https://novascotia.ca/alerts/
5. For information on Community Comfort Centres in your area please visit https://saint-marys.ca/protective-services.html