Notice to the Public
The Municipality of the District of St. Mary’s is committed to protecting the health and safety of our residents, councillors, staff and customers by reducing the risk of coming in contact with the Covid-19 virus. For that reason the following actions have been taken:
- The Recplex is closed for the season.
- The Fitness Center is closed until further notice.
- All Recreation Programming is cancelled until March 31, 2020 at which time it will be reassessed.
- The Transfer Station will remain open.
- The Municipal Office will remain open, but is promoting the use of on-line transactions where ever possible.
- The Sherbrooke Library is closed for three weeks starting March 16, 2020.
- Community Centre activities are at the discretion of the Community Centre Organizations, but the Municipality recommends following the Nova Scotia Health Authority guidelines for social distancing.
The Municipality will continue to provide updates as new information develops and encourages residents to follow the Health Canada and Nova Scotia Health Authority guidelines in order to stay safe. If you have any questions we ask that you please phone the office at 902-522-2049 instead of coming in, when at all possible.
For information on strategies for residents, staff and facilities, please view the Municipality's Business Continuity Plan here: pdf Business Continuity Plan COVID-19 (474 KB)
Thank you for your cooperation.