Happy Halloween Ghosts & Goblins
To ensure that the night is fun and memorable check out these Halloween safety tips:
Trick-or-treaters, parents and guardians:
• Follow normal pedestrian safety rules. Look both ways before crossing the street and watch for vehicles (especially vehicles backing out of driveways).
• Trick-or-treat with people; don’t trick-or-treat alone.
• Avoid criss-crossing the street. Go down one side of the street, then up the other.
• Ensure Halloween costumes are bright, reflective and fit well. Confirm that costumes allow the wearer to see clearly. Consider using face paint or makeup instead of a mask.
• Carry a flashlight and stay close to well-lit areas.
• Be sure an adult checks all Halloween candy before trick-or-treaters dig in.
• Trick-or-treaters should tell their parents and/or guardians their Halloween route and when they expect to be home.
• Dress warmly.
• Watch for open flames and be careful around jack-o-lanterns.
• Stay outside while trick-or-treating. Never enter someone's home.
• With the excitement of Halloween, trick-or-treaters may forget pedestrian safety rules.
• Drive slowly and be careful backing up.
• Drive with extra caution in residential areas.
• Keep your doorway well-lit; clear of tripping hazards and open flames.
• Give out only commercially wrapped snacks.
• Keep pets inside on Halloween. Costumes and loud noises may scare them.
Wishing everyone a fa-boo-lous and safe night!
St. Mary’s Week in Review
St. Mary’s Week in Review Monday, October 31st – Sunday, November 6th
Monday, October 31st
Fright Night, Sherbrooke Village – 5:00-8:30pm
Tuesday, November 1st
Maple Manor Tea – 9:30am
Kickboxing – 6:00pm
Wednesday, November 2nd
Goshen Game Day - 1pm
Thursday, November 3rd
Yoga – 7:00pm
Liscomb Crib – 8:00pm
Friday, November 4th
Maple Manor Bake Sale – 11:00am
Saturday, November 5th
Men’s Breakfast (IHL) – 9:00am
Liscomb Crib 8pm
Sunday, November 6th
ATV Club Fun Run 9am
Goshen Remembrance Day Service 12:30pm
This week, Eastern Region Solid Waste is picking up Recyclables.
Sherbrooke Public Library will be closed for the rest of the week (October 27-29) due to construction in front of the building.
Emergency Council Meeting - October 25th at 4:00 pm
MEETING: St. Mary’s Municipal Council
PURPOSE: Land Use Variance Appeal Public
DATE: October 25, 2022
PLACE: St. Mary’s Municipal Office
Council Chambers, Sherbrooke, NS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Approval of Agenda
4. Land Use Variance Appeal Public Hearing- Reschedule