Municipal Clerk / Special Projects Coordinator
The Municipality of the District of Saint Mary's is currently seeking applications for the position of Municipal Clerk / Special Projects Coordinator. This position will provide administrative assistance to the Chief Administrative Officer in matters relative to the general management of the Municipality, specifically through project management, research, managing inquiries, correspondence, and electronic communication for the CAO and all Department Heads.
Duties of the Position include:
• Responsible for the preparation of Council and Committee agendas and information packages as well as the recording of all the proceedings of Municipal Council
• Maintain the minutes binder and official By-Law book
• Research, develop and update Policies and Bylaws as required for council approval
• Research and assist preparation of correspondence and reports for the Chief Administrative Officer to use at Council meetings, presentations, and public consultation.
• Manage and update the Nova Scotia Civic Addressing File database in conjunction with civic addressing coordinator
• Designated Officer for Records Management System as it relates to the Records Management Policy
• Provide back up to the front desk reception in absence of Receptionist/Cashier
• Manage Water Utility Quarterly billing process and provide Arrears Reports to Director of Finance
• Other duties as assigned
• Post-secondary education (Business Degree or equivalent) or a combination of relevant education and experience
• Two years' experience in a municipal government setting
• Excellent project management abilities
• Advanced computer and technology literacy
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion;
• Extremely strong time management, organizational skills and a strategic thinker;
This is a full time permanent position. The Salary range for this position is $30,116 - $37,645 per year, based on qualifications and demonstrated ability. Work hours are 35 hours per week, with some evenings as required for Council and Committee meetings
Application by resume and cover letter along with references will be accepted until noon on August 23, 2017
For more detailed information contact Marian Fraser, Director of Finance/Treasurer at 902-522-2339 or see description below
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted
Active Living Coordinator (Sick Leave Placement)
Position title: Active Living Coordinator (Temporary Sick Leave Placement)
(Municipal Physical Activity Leadership Program) This is a cost shared position with the Province of Nova Scotia
Reports to: Director of Community Development & Recreation
Salary Range: $28,000 - $35,000 (Annual Basis)
Working under the direction of the Director of Community Development & Recreation, the Active Living Coordinator will implement the St. Mary's Active Living Plan in accordance with the Shared Strategy for Advancing Recreation in Nova Scotia. The Active Living Coordinator will be responsible for the organization of a wide variety of programs, activities and events in St. Mary's. Duties will vary for each program and may include, but not be limited to: delivery, coordination, assisting, evaluating, supervising, promoting, scheduling as well as creating and establishing relationships with community organizations.
Terms and Conditions
- Only applicants with scheduled interviews will be notified
- Please note, this is a temporary position for the current Active Living Coordinator. The Active Living Coordinator position is a term position that ends March 31st, 2018.
- The temporary position may be terminated with two weeks' notice upon return of regular employee
- Possibility for extension to cover future leaves of absence within the Community Development and Recreation Department.